Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hot Canadian: Alison Pill

Alison Pill is quickly emerging as the hottest Canadian on the scene (move over Biebs). After first coming to our attention as L. Lo's ineptly nerdy friend in Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (still, I'm sure, her proudest moment), girl has spent the past several years building a smart, awesome career (Milk, Scott Pilgrim, Midnight in Paris - in which she was spectacular) before landing on Newsroom, one of the best things going on cable. 




She's obviously fantastic on Newsroom, though her convincing ineptness is unfortunately making everyone believe she's actually sort of a flake, because we forget that not all television is a reality show (yet). But Maggie is cute and genuine and entirely believable and I wonder what her and Olivia Munn think about each other, and I wonder if they've talked about those sexts that Munn sent because I would have to bring it up. 


Anyway.



Then she's out at Fashion Week, looking all sorts of adorable (you know you all covet those shoes), drinking and gossiping and hanging out with My Girl, and then to top it all off, she drops this brilliant gem to a reporter from the Cut on the red carpet: 

"The best birthday in the world is to have, at most, five people over for a barbeque and to make tofu because it's my birthday and they have to like it... I want a birthday that involves me and the movie Oliver and Company and some Champagne and some marijuana— and I'm speaking into the microphone because it should be legal."
Hilarious! Red carpet interviews are usually boring. So, thanks for that.

Beyond that, she's marrying Jay Baruchel, who is great and hilarious and is part of the original Apatow crowd (and also a Canadian, which, I love that they stick together. Americans are weird, guys, I get it.) He was the star of Undeclared, which could almost not have been better unless Linda Cardelini had been in it somewhere. Also, and I guess above all, she just seems super fun and nice and I want to hang out with her. Maybe on that birthday.




Alison Pill: Hot Canadian bringin' you the news as it should have been. 

PS GET WITH JIM

No comments:

Post a Comment